• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

KOTC get together-Offical thread.

harvey lee

Spots picked?? I don't know about you, I'm just following dtro and Hanson out there. cool

Not sure if you want to follow too closely.

Last years gathering, Rob and I navigated squarely into a snag in the fog. You know its bad when you have the snag marked on your GPS with a skull & crossbones icon, you know its there, you are looking for it, and you still crash into the thing. Talk about some soup. That was nasty fog!

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to fish this stretch quite a bit. Lots of places to fish. There used to be a really nice sandbar above the tressle that has produced for shore fishing. There is another sandbar about 1.5 miles up from there as well on a big 180 degree bend in the river with a deep hole in it. That was where most of the shore anglers were set up at the last gathering a couple years ago. Unfortunately both those sand bars are currently under water. Shore spots will be very limited to say the least. Good luck to everyone and remember.....if it looks fishy, it probably is.

Last years gathering, Rob and I navigated squarely into a snag in the fog.

Was a good thing we had Capt Morgan and Sailor Jerry to help us navigate that night.

Originally Posted By: hanson

Last years gathering, Rob and I navigated squarely into a snag in the fog.

Was a good thing we had Capt Morgan and Sailor Jerry to help us navigate that night.

Can never go wrong with Mates like that on board. But...... to much of a good thing can and will affect your sea legs...

grin

Can never go wrong with Mates like that on board. But...... to much of a good thing can and will affect your sea legs...

grin

I think there will be alot of a good thing considering July 19th is about smack dab in the middle of the flat spawn.

Maybe that would be a good night to hook up Larry.

Looks like we are going to have a great crowd with all the people attending. This looks to be a very fun event and one will be able to mingle with many of the better cat dudes on FM.

Maybe I should bring a pen and get some autographs from guys like DTRO and Hanson and EC30-06, LFC and Papa Grump and the Shuttle service.

many others will be there that really know what to do on the river in search of these cats.

Rob, with the way things are going with the weather this season, who knows as the spawn could also be done. If not, we will fish channels and [PoorWordUsage].

Maybe I should bring a pen and get some autographs from guys like DTRO and Hanson and EC30-06, LFC and Papa Grump and the Shuttle service.

I'll definately be bringing the sharpie marker, and a camera. I have the gut feeling that with this roster, some monster sized cats are gonna be boated.

For the record, this will be my first real cat outing. I'm fine behind the camera. grin

Shore spots are always tough with high water. In a month, the river could be so low we could all be on shore spots too.

Shore fishing, yeah right. When it gets too low for me to run the boat it will be too low for the flats to swim!

chadwick,

Good to see you checking out the Cat Forum. Do not let Bella's ride you to much grin.

The one good thing about this park the GT is at, shore fishing will be good. I plan to just toss out a line and sit on shore with fellow F.M.'ers.

We will see every one at Carver.

I would make a guess that the spawn should be over and yes, the fishing should pick up. One can catch fish now, maybe just not the size as a few weeks ago. They will be back.

I need two 40# plus fish for the KOTC and will be fishing hard for them.

Yes, the bite should be better by then.

Let's just hope the water doesn't come down drastically. I think it will be fine.

The sandbars are starting to appear in that area, so there will be ample shore fishing spots.

The conditions seem to be shaping up real good for this gathering.

Now let’s hope it’s one of those “good bite” full moons and not the other kind wink

Either way it should be a great time!

My wife works that night, so I'll be watching my 7 month old, but since it's only a mile from home, we'll probably stop down to say hey at some point. No boat, just walk around shore and Bee.Ess. a bit.