Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Badger_55

Minnkota V2 Powerdrive Trolling motor problems. Help?

6 posts in this topic

I bought this trolling motor last year. Every time I brought it out I was blowing the same single fuse every time it was turned on. Well, just as soon as I thought I solved that problem and the motor was running with the right amount of torque finally, I got out on the lake and dropped the motor in and tried to flip on the switch for the motor and nothing happened! I could turn the head of the motor with the foot pedal but can't seem to get the motor running now. The fuse hasn't blown since either. What do you guys think is up?

Thanks,

Ben

My guess is that you either have a broken wire in the coiled power cord ,a loose spade connection inside the upper motor head, or a bad electronic board in the upper head.

Cliff

Considering you were blowing fuses I wouldn't rule out one of Cliff's suggestions. What was the cause of that? Too small dia wire?

Get an electrical contact cleaner and clean the foot control connection.

Yeah I ended up pulling apart the foot pedal connection and looking at the male end and noticing the prongs to be discolored yellow an white. I just quickly cleaned them off and thats when everything started working. But an hour later I had no juice in that motor but I could direct the head of the trolling motor. I do hear click within the main unit when I turn the pedal on. So?

I don't know.

I had a similar problem. The lugs that go into the connector were not getting good connection because the female side terminals. i had to take the connector apart and pinch the leads together so when the male connector goes in they squeeze tighter. Mine would steer but when you tried to go it would draw to much power and loose connection. It did make a clicking sound too.

That sounds just like my problem. I could probably do that myself? When you are saying connector, are you talking about the connector between the motor and the foot pedal? How would I go about trying to fix this problem?

Thanks a bunch,

Ben