• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

It's Over, Move On.

DonBo

I seem to catch more fish in summer but I enjoy the fish more in winter. I tend to fish the same spots from shore during summer but in winter I get to explore. I am glad not to be tugging my shack all over but hey, I 'll be ready to go back to it. I do agree though that there is a lot of fun to be had in summer so I won't spend it all preparing for ice.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to say this, but, I miss ice fishing like a dose of the clap. LOL.Last winter was the first time in 16 yrs the coves and smaller lakes froze over, happy I was in TX and didn't see it

I ice fished more last year than the last five years put together. The one reason was I bought a Marcum flasher and it was a blast using that thing to say the least. I am actually looking forward to first ice... but not quite yet.

"... Over? did someone say over? Was it over when the germans bombed pearl hearbor?...."

Bluto Blutarski

Just let him go he's on a roll.

Nothings over until we decide it is. When the going gets tough.....the tough get going.

OPEN WATER FORUM......DEAD

RIVERS AND STREAMS....DEAD

CAMPING...............DEAD

I'm with the rest of you ice fishing fanatic's, I can't wait for hard water again myself! The SnoBear is parked in the garage and serves as a daily reminder! No bugs, no snags, no "sneak up" thunderstorms, just a cold beverage in one hand the rod in the other and the hum of the Vexi is all I need, I'd take it every single day of the year my friends!

This will be a long 6 months. Was talking to a frined just yeaterday about getting back on the ice. Both of us agree that we would rather be walking on the ice than swatting bugs, or dealing with humidity. Man seeing this didn't help. May have to get the shack out and sit in it for awhile.