• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Am I alone on this topic

Here-Kitty-Kitty

Barbelboy sounds like you have it made! Consider yourself lucky. Kids won't change you two very much at all. You will just need to adapt. I used to take my son in the boat/ice house during his nap time and he would rack out for a good 2 hours and just hang out. I would also bring his movie player and I would be able to get a good afternoon fishing.

Made isn't even the word for it. I haven't come up with one that properly describes it yet. It's been awefully fun watching her mature as an outdoors woman since I started dating her. Her excitement, enthusiasm and growing love of the outdoors sure makes it fun to bring her along.

The movie player is a great idea. I bought her an aquaview so she can watch the fish eat her bait while ice fishing. It is so fun to see how excited she gets watching an upper red lake walleye/crappie come up and inhale her lure. Or how intently she watches the rod tip while catfishing. Oh, and she looks a whole lot better in a bikini than any of my other fishing partners!

Well after reading all of your guys posts I just asked mine if she wanted to try an over night outting on the river for so big cats and I got this response. ''Ya but my rod wont be able to handle a catfish'' The rod that she is refering to is the pink and black shakespeare combo from Fleet Farm or Gander. Haha I just laughed. I told her we will start her off smaller, like for channel's or even just a smaller live bait for smaller flats. So now it looks like we are going to go out monday all day and night thank god. Oh and I get to go out sunday night as well just me and the guys. I see what you are all talking about.

The wife says: You must love fishing more than you love me.

I say: No, I like to spend some time fishing because it's how I like to spend my leisure time before I met you.

The wife says: So you must want to go back to the time that you were single and had no one but the fishes to sleep with.

I say: No I'm not a gagnster and I don't re-live my past. I'm with you now.

The wife says: So how come you still do what you use to do. Why don't you give all of that up and do what I want to do now.

I say: Well what is it that you want to do now?

The wife says: Go out, movies, dinner, shopping, see some old friends,...

I say: When we do that, you're just spending time with your single friends, doing the things you used to do before you met me, gossiping about other friends, and can't finish one conversation without starting three others. When it's with couples, the other guys just say that I'm just one of those other fishing guy and they all talk as if any of them actually know anything about waking up early. Sure they all watch sports on the tube and talk as if they knew how to play, but none of them would so much as get their hands on any dirt or grass stains. Since you told me, you're sick and tired of the same old shallow guys, I would feel just ready to heave chunks at such company anyway.

So were' back to: going out, moving when I see, dinner, splashing and hopping, and seeing some old friendly fishing time.

My wife's favorite thing to do is worry. It used to cause a lot of problems with me night fishing from shore. We live in a moderately sized city where the most "bad" things happen at night. Now I do not fish at night which makes cat'n that much tougher. I get to fish once a week, never more. I work full time and work on my B.S. degree mostly on Sunday's so I miss out on some laundry and cleaning so if I try for too much leisure I get in trouble. It drives me crazy but I know if we can afford a boat after I get my degree she will come often and change the whole scenario.

So I through out that I might fish all night tomorrow and she said, "Just don't wake me up". Seems like a green light to me smile

Unless that's one of those Jedi mind tricks they use like, "Do these pants make my butt look big". Or, "Fine". Well we all know the keywords, so I won't go over all of them.

Naw my favorite is the '' FINE '' Why in gods good graces would anyone create that word. The problem is that I never get it right and when I think she's [PoorWordUsage] she is and when I think she's not she is. I think we need to come up with a list for us guys. I'll start it '' too bad '' I think I'll start trying that one lol.

Better yet when they say ( Just do what you want ) If I did what I wanted to do I woundn't have to ask would I

Yep, in my world that means "If you know what's good for ya, you aren't going anwhere" cry