Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
98prosport

PINPOINT SONAR

2 posts in this topic

I am doing some research on the pinpoint sonar systems. I know they are pretty much obsolete, but I am sure there are still some out there that are still using or have used. Finding old outdated equipment would be interesting, and to know if there are some that have tossed this in the corner with disgust or if they are still using and love it!

My dad runs the 2700 series trolling motor with graphs and the whole system and his boat for the past 8 years and everything works great. He is selling his boat and upgrading and the electronics go with it, so this will be his last year with the pinpoint system.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Thanks for the heads up man I was looking at Garmins but I feel like the only ones I saw with SI were way out of my price range ha
    • I need to make a beer run the fridge is getting low up in here.   #rentfree
    • What does everyone use? decoy string mono braid thanks.
    • LOL!  The truth of the matter is, CWD is widespread across the country and I believe in only one state, somewhere out west, has it caused population level decreases.  The DNR has no choice but to try their darnedest to eliminate it.  If they don't and it becomes widespread, they will be ridiculed to no end.  If they try to fight it, they will still be ridiculed when they fail to eliminate it, but at least they tried.  IMVHO, it is here, just like the invasive species continuing to spread in our lakes.  There is no way to eliminate it.  But as I stated, it won't significantly impact deer numbers in the state.  The disease will kill far fewer deer than the efforts to get rid of it will.  It is mainly the health issues to worry about.  But I've been wrong once or twice before.
    • Was Hillarys plan to help rural America much like Obama's and Rick Nolan's? Wait for an industry to collapse then push for tarriffs a year after the fact and claim victory?
    • Kinda like how Trump is the grand wizard of the klan because he hasn't  denounced every supporter he's had well enough.
    • Regardless of where you put that fan you'll still need another fan of some sort to circulate the air around the house. The heater one only get the air out and off the heat exchange. Put one or two more in the upper corners blowing the air back down. Hugger style ceiling fans if you have room are the best. The blades need at bare minimum 4 inches and most experts say 8 inches of clearance to the ceiling. I'm at about 4 1/2 and it works fine. 
    • Keep in mind its technically winter and by foaming it in "his" shop he is doing a service to you and you are paying for it.  Your house will need to be at least 50 degrees to foam it.  I just had my 8x16 floor sprayed in my shop this past sat and it was $220.  The guys that did mine are done for the season, getting too cold to travel and keep the chemicals from freezing. 
    • An easier thing first is to get the thermostat bulb out of the cabinet of the heater, it will react faster to the temp you feel, not the retained heat in the unit.
  • Our Sponsors