Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chasineyes

How far to Work?

51 posts in this topic

I'm debating moving way out to find some space so a person can actually shoot a gun, drive a 4-wheeler, etc.,.etc.,.etc.

How for do most of you drive for work? I'm thinking of 45 miles from bloomington. I do go in a 5:30 so morning traffic is not a problem and done by 2:30 in the afternoon.

THanks

5 miles one way.

Moving 45 miles from work is costly. If you average about 15 miles to the gallon, you'll be spending roughly $6,000 a year in gas, or $500 a month.

I average 30 mpg and the flip side is how much do you spend running up north so you can find the space to hunt and play??

9 miles one way. 45 miles would really make a dent in the pocket book and add up to a lot of travel time in my book.

35 miles one way and I drive an 02 explorer 16-20mpg. UGH

$3.96 a gallon in grand rapids. 4.19 in Marcell. Dont get me started On Marcell.

Good for you Jarrod.

12 miles one way. Consciously moved closer to work when we bought a new house 2 plus years ago.

29 miles one way. Conciously made a decision that I would not attempt to exist within the 494/694 Ring of Despair.

I get to use my chainsaw, feed the wildlife, and know that my kids' indoctrination in the school system has not spiraled wildly out of control (as it has in many of the closer-in schools).

Thank goodness for suburban sprawl.

i am 8 blocks too i drive the quad runner most days and get about 6 weeks on a tank of gas

I am 12 miles or so, firmly planted inside the ring of despair as Jackpine calls it.

Not much of a fan of suburban sprawl, its eating up alot of quality land.

If you do plan to move farher out I would conisder the fact that gas prices aren't getting any better. Remember the days we all complained about $2 gas, and then $3 gas, well soon we will be looking back at $4 gas as the good old days. All I can say is budget it in.

30 feet... no kidding.

Used to do 70 miles round trip for many moons. My morning traffic jam now is if I pass my wife in the hallway on the way to the bathroom... smile

3 miles to ground zero, literally. I work on a nuclear missile base on the edge of town. Planning to ride the mt bike more when the kids grow out of daycare.

For 6-7 years I drove 50 miles one way from Cokato to Eden Prairie. In May of last year I moved to Minnetonka so now I'm 8 miles away from work. Best thing I ever did. I do miss living in the country. We had a 100 yd shooting range 5 paces out our front door, driving range where if you hit it short enough the dog would retrive balls, lighted sand vollyball court, big shed for parties. Not to mention 4 good fishing lakes within 5 miles from our house. Our property was 7 acres but the buddy I lived with, his dad owned 400 acres all around us so it was one big playground. I miss living out there but the money is in the cities. It's not so bad down here, I'm slowly getting used to it.

Keep in mind you will lose 2 hours every day to driving.

46 miles to work.

My wife is less than 5 miles to work.

Someone had to drive far, I guess.

I also wanted to live in the country more, and have a big yard. I couldn't afford the houses next to where I work.

24 miles one way. And I'm not even out in the country yet.