Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
shaunlenway

Skull whitening

You gotta degrease it first. Soak it in Dawn dish soap and ammonia and water. Put in an aquarium heater to keep it at about 90 degrees for a few days. Repeat until you get all the grease outta the skull then soak it for a few days in 3% peroxide. Let sit in sun.

Or you could just send it to Cory at Lucky Seven Skullworks

I don't know much about skulls but I do know that if you overdo the bleach it eats away the smaller bones. I'm sure you'll get more good info like the above post soon.

Looks like you've done a great job so far. Nice looking skull.

The thing that I've found to work the best, is making a paste from Basic White and 40 volume peroxide. Both can be found at a Beauty supply store that sells hair products. Mix it together until it's the consistency of toothpaste. Brush it all over the skull, but keep it off the antlers.

If possible, let it sit in the sun for a couple days, or until it's as white as you want.

Rinse any extra paste off and let it dry completely.

It's a good idea to seal it then. Just brush on white elmers glue and let that dry. That should do it.