• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Using a different prop

eurolarva

I have an old Chrysler 45 HP with a 16 ft blue fin aluminum boat. Total weight with me and gear about 1100 lb. My prop is 40 years old and is pretty worn. There is a prop on hsolist I can get for cheap and was curious what I will see as a difference if I switch to this prop. I currently have 10 3/8 x 11 1/2 prop. The one on hsolist is 10 1/2 x 12 prop. Will boat rev higher or lower. Hole shot be faster or slower and will top speed be greater or less. They are pretty similar in size so I cant imagine it will be a major difference. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Boat will rev lower, holeshot will be slower and top end will be greater.

Regardless, the size is about the same. I don't think you're going to see a huge difference in performance with the other prop.

marine_man