Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LEECH21

Transom Saver Question....

6 posts in this topic

I'm just curious how everyone puts on their savor? I put one end on the roller of the trailer and the other on the lower unit then trim the motor down till I hear the trim motor kinda change in sound. Is that too far or not enough? I don't want to try pushing the button till the trim motor stops....don't even know if it will???

Thanks for any tips!

I do the same Leech. I just make sure it's firm on there and it makes that distinct sound.

Yep, that's how I do it. I wrap a bungie around the motor from one side of the saver to the other so the motor doesn't bounce. Just like to be sure.

I do the same as well. You dont want to put it all the way down, becuase believe it or not, you will crack the transm saver, or wreck the lower unit if you let it down to far. Just make sure its snug, and you will be fine.

Yup, same here. Change in sound tells me to stop. I also wrap a bungie over it. Don't wat it to bounce out .