• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance GPS cables?

caseyi

Question

I decided to upgrade my LCX-20c to use the gps feature. I bought a Lowrance 2000 GPS with a blue plug, but it is the same plug that is on the back of my head unit (blue as well). Ithink they are both male ends. My unit never came with any extra cables. I have the power cords, but i need to know how i hook the GPS up. I would prefer not to have to network it because i want to mount it behind my unit. Any ideas? Where could i get a cable that would work? I know Lowrance makes one, because it is shown in their instructions, but you cannot buy it off of their store. And their customer service is terrible. I have spent at least an hour and a half over the last five days waiting for a rep. Please, any help?

Casey

3 answers to this question

I think that you will need to use the 25' Y cable and connect it to the network connection cause from what I can tell you do not have a stand alone GPS connection on the back of the unit and the manual is not all that helpful. Did the 2000 only come with the puck ? When I looked on there HSOforum it seemed to be a kit with that Y cable included so I am wondering if the cable is missing. I went to there HSOforum and on page 36 of the manual it shows how it needs to be hooked up and you will need that 25' Y cable.

Would it be possible to take two connectors from lawrence and get my GPS to work? See above post for more details. I could take a blue female to red male connector and connect that to a female red to a blue female. I know each of these plugs are made. Anyone think it is possible? Remember, i have to connect two blue male connectors together and i would like to do it without a network. If this will not work, what other options do i have?

Thanks jimalm, but i want to stay away from the Y cable. I don't want 25 feet of cable in my boat for something that only needs to be one foot long.

Casey

Casey I know what you mean cause I could have used a 5' cable and had some to spare. I think if the adapters you are talking about keep the pin outs correct you should have no problem. If I remember correctly it is only 4 pins- 2 for power and 2 for data. I was able to tie wrap mine up and they are out of sight and for now out of mind. grin