• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bug control in the boat

harvey lee

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just recently got married outside in Ely. When we went out to where we were getting married the mosquitos and sand flies were horrible. We bought 4 thermocells to place around during the ceremony. These things worked awesome, the bugs were pretty much not even there during the wedding. We did have one older lady pick one up and try to talk and listen into it like a walkie talkie though!

Well i purchase one of these a couple weeks ago and got to test it out over the 4th on the lake. We had no skeeters around the boat but for some reason as soon as we turned it on we got swarmed with may files. i had to shut the unit off and then they cleared away some. I didnt know if it was just a fluke but tried it the second night and same results??? attract some keep away others? I will keep this unit in the boat though for the skeeters.

I have burning my waffers for a long, long time now. double, almost tripple what they are rated for and they still seem to work.

I just have to try refilling the bottles. 4.w.e. I will let you know how it goes wink

I gave it the biggest test ever todaycatching bullheads. I was fishing by a small creek in the woods with alot of tall weeds at the shore. I went there with cut offs and ashort sleeve t-shirt. No wind, 89 and hot. Bugs were everywhere and I turned on this thermo Cell and sat and fished for two hours and was never bit by a bug.

How does one beat that??

I gave it the biggest test ever todaycatching bullheads. I was fishing by a small creek in the woods with alot of tall weeds at the shore. I went there with cut offs and ashort sleeve t-shirt. No wind, 89 and hot. Bugs were everywhere and I turned on this thermo Cell and sat and fished for two hours and was never bit by a bug.

How does one beat that??

Man, I hope those weren't Daisy Duke style!! laughwhistlecool

Glad to hear it worked so well. Looking forward to meeting you at the catfish get together on Saturday.

Originally Posted By: harvey lee

How does one beat that??

Man, I hope those weren't Daisy Duke style!! laughwhistlecool

Glad to hear it worked so well. Looking forward to meeting you at the catfish get together on Saturday.

Harvey in daisy dukes.. not the kind of thing a guy wants to read about at 06:26!! hehehe all's in good humor fellas~

See you Saturday.

I to would be interested in anyone who has tried to refill the fuel cell?

I haven't refilled any, but you can get just the butane cartridges from Walmart. Go to the health & beauty dept and look for a Conair cordless curling iron. They're powered by the ThermoCELL cartridges. Two cartridges under the Conair brand name cost about $6 I think. Enter "TC2BC" into google and you'll see what I'm talking about.