• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tonight was my night!!!! Giant Flathead!!! (Video Added)

DTro

Have I considered it?

Of course I have, who hasn’t fantasized about fishing for a living.

There are logistics that really make things difficult on navigable waters. You need a captains license, insurance and who knows what else. Then I would probably need a bigger boat, cost of fuel, maintenance, etc.

Fishing is so much fun for me. Usually as money gets involved, the fun factor drops.

The last thing I want to do is turn into a guy that tosses 8 oz sinkers at approaching boats or gets into shouting matches with someone who is “too close”. Life is way too short for that krap.

I’m flattered that someone would consider paying me to take them fishing, but I also want fishing to remain something I can fall back on when I need a pick me up. I’ve seen way to many guys get burned out and just quit fishing.

I guess I can “never say never” though smile

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't need to make it a living. I use to do a little guiding when I lived up in northern MN out on Winni. Maybe a couple times a month. Need a new rod? Take a couple of guys out fishing for a night. Need to pay for the fishing you do all week? Do 3 guided trips in a month and your set. Just a thought!

Quote:
You need a captains license, insurance and who knows what else. Then I would probably need a bigger boat, cost of fuel, maintenance, etc.

I know of a couple of "bigger" boats for sale wink

Seriously, that is one heck of a fish. I'm starting to cringe at work whenever I get a e-mail from you early in the morning and here is some more pics of some monsters coming out of our little river around here. You have definately earned it all! Now we need to see a few more 50's out the rest of you guys and I'll jump on the 60+ bandwagon

Oh sweet lord that is a beut! Good job to you and your net man! Man, that is a fish of a lifetime (at least in MN)! People are going to have to start traveling to the southern states to compete with that one.

Awesome!! grin

Seriously, that is one heck of a fish. You have definately earned it all!

Coming from a fellow member of the 50 club, I take that as a compliment. Thanks

Rushing: That was the funniest post I have ever read!! I had a mouthful of soda and laughed so hard that I spit it all over the darn computer monitor.

BTW, nice Garfield. Congrat's dtro!

Rushing: That was the funniest post I have ever read!! I had a mouthful of soda and laughed so hard that I spit it all over the darn computer monitor.

BTW, nice Garfield. Congrat's dtro!

I'll second that..... The people in my work had to come down to my office to make sure I was alright from the laugh/hack attack at the midget commment....

Good One Mate!!!

The lawn looked greener, the air was fresher, and the hambuger tasted abit better at lunch for Dtro today smile . Good work dude.

Nail Head.....meet hammer.