• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking for Daiwa Viento experiences

BassProAddict

Has anybody here used the Daiwa Viento with the Twitchin' Bar? Is it a gimmick reel or a good reel with a gimmick component?

Or is it just a darn good reel?

I don't want to rely on online reviews as you never know where biases may come from.Community still the best source o reviews.

Had one for a couple of years now. It's a solid reel, I like it better than the fuego. But the twitching bar is not very practical. It only reels in about a 1/4 turn per push. Not many lures that works with. The only thing I can say I use it for is to get my lure in if I answer a call on my cell phone or if you are eating a sammich with the other hand. laugh But it is a solid reel.

The problem is the heavier the lure/weight, the harder it is to push in the twitch bar. If you need to work out your thumb or if your other hand is busy, it will work, but most of the time your right hand is available and is easier to use. I'm not discouraging you to buy it, because it's a great reel without the twitch bar, but my twitch bar goes unused 99.9% of the time.

I have used my friends multiple times but I can outcast his reel with the same exact lures on with my Daiwa Megaforce. The Megaforce has the twitchin' bar too but it is about 200 bucks cheaper. I love the Megaforce. I hardly ever backlash and if I do its usually because I wasn't paying attention. I just don't like the Viento as much I guess I just had a lot more backlashing problems with it. Whatever you choose would stick with Daiwa as Happy Buying,

Ryan

I have used my friends multiple times but I can outcast his reel with the same exact lures on with my Daiwa Megaforce. The Megaforce has the twitchin' bar too but it is about 200 bucks cheaper.

They must be free 'cause the Viento's are $199. laugh

SOS! SOS! SOS!

I brought my Viento out for the first time spooled with 17lb fluorcarbon...

The full casts were fine no problem at all.The problem is that when I let the lure out (no casting), the spool would make this rickety sound coming from the right side of the spool (where it connects to the reel itself).

Running some tests, when I turn the reel to its right side, the lure would fall down with no problem at all.When I release the lure with the reel facing the sky (normal position), the lure would drop with some noise.The shocker is when I turn the reel on its left side, the lure would not drip even with the spool released!

Help needed please! Will Daiwa fix this problem???

Glad all of you have had good luck with the Viento. I own two and they are in the shop more than in the boat. I have had the opposite experience and have found the Fuego to be a great reel. I own three of them and have no problems, and I do fish quite a bit. Bass Pro, you might want to call Timmy at Wayzata Bait.