• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bad Gas!!

BUCKSNMUSKYS

I have a 2005 Crestliner Fish Hawk and a 2005 115HP Mercury that (I think) is the recipient of bad gas or water in the gas tank. The boat will barely plane out and idles real rough. Unfortunately, I was preoccupied last year with other engagements which resulted in gas that was left over from the year before. I Stabil the tank and top her off like the manuals suggest. I looked at the water separator and it appeared to not have water in it (float was at the bottom). I picked up a new fuel filter and plan to replace it shortly, however thought that I should siphon the gas out first. Has anyone had experience with this? I would think I should be able to disconnect the line down stream of the bulb and pump out the bad gas that way? Does Crestliner have a simple methods of removing a plug or other type of device? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

10 gallon gas tank? You could use the primer bulb to pump it out but that be like milking a dairy herd by hand.

I'd just take a sample first before draining the tank. Actually replacing the spark plugs might the first thing to do.

10 gallon gas tank? You could use the primer bulb to pump it out but that be like milking a dairy herd by hand.

I'd just take a sample first before draining the tank. Actually replacing the spark plugs might the first thing to do.

I had to drain my 20 gallon this way and it is no fun mad !! I took samples using a mason jar to see how much water was in. Then I would pump a couple of gallons out and take another sample. Very tedious, but it works if that's what you have to do.