• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How far do you back in with a bunk trailer to load a deep V boat???

I completly submerge my bunks I gauge it by just having the fenders out of the water. Then I slowly drive up taking it out of gear so not to slam into the roller. If the ramp is at a steeper pitch I wont quite make it to the post which in this case I will leave the motor in gear and winch it up the last couple feet. This way I am not causing all the prop wash that giving it gas to get it on the rest of the way causes and it is still very easy to load and always comes out on center. I have a very deep v boat it may work a little differant for less of a V this is just what works on mine.

I agree with Polarusdud. I back them in and get the bunks wet then pull out so there is approx. 1/3 hanging out of the water. Make sure they are even and drive it up till there is resistance. Use a little muscle to get the boat in. I agree power loading not cool.

I get the bunks wet then put up just so the front edge of the bunks are maybe 3" out of the water. Then run the boat up, leave in gear like PDOGG reach over bow, hook up wench and crank to get slack out. Kill motor, tilt up, jump out and finish cranking up. (usually less than 12-18".) The nice thing with bunks is the boat always seems to end up centered on the trailer.

Ditto: Back in to get bunks wet. My trailer was 1" of fender out of the water, which also was about 1' of bunk(lenghwise) out of the water, or 4" deep out of the water. With the 16' Tracker i had with bow mount motor, i can't power drive mine on. At the Garfield ramp in Duluth, my trolling motor would hit my top roller where my winch was if i was backed in any more than 1" of fender out of the water. Steep ramp for my boat, so it didn't go in much. I always did the same thing...power it on till there is tension, keep motor in gear, tighen strap and then kill motor/raise motor and winch on the last foot of rope.