Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dooley87

any interesting proposal/ wedding stories?

7 posts in this topic

me and my fiance are getting married in a year and we got engaged almost a year ago so we are starting to plan stuff out and it got me thinking if any body had any neat proposal or wedding stories.

i proposed to jen at my buddies grad party. he lives on a farm and it is were we first met, we first clicked when we were up in the woods shooting trap and handguns so i decided it would be a good spot to ask her to marry me, i carved a heart into the front of a tree with our initials and i carved marry me into the back side of the tree,

well we are at the grad party and a few people know about the proposal but not everybody so i am nervous, i finally work up the courage to do it so i ask her if she wants to go on a four wheeler ride, so we ride back into the woods and i stop in front of the tree and she thought my carving was very sweet but she would not get off of the four wheeler, finally i had to shut the thing off and make her go look at it, i told her there was one on the back side also, so we walked around and her eyes got wide and i got down on one knee and she said yes. it was pefect, funny thing is she knew i had bought the ring but she was totaly caught off gaurd.

lf0b4431a112477109bb088yv5.jpg

l05f194bc84978053767bd6uw1.jpg

Be careful my friend. If you over do it now - you will have to for the rest of your life! They expect it smile

laughlaughlaugh yeah i am afraid you are right, when we first started dating i would bring her flowers and cards and little gifts and stuff all the time, now i don't do it all that often and every so often when we argue she brings it up. why wasn't i made aware of this sooner crycrycry

Having been behind the camera at a bunch of weddings and after being married three times myself, I'm absolutely NOT going to comment on fishinchicks' blatant acknowledgment that it's all about manipulation! If I was prodded into making a comment, then I'd have been manipulated. No way! gringrin

bearbait, great way to ask her. Way to go, and the best of luck to you! gringrin

Marge and I had been together for about a year or so. We were on vacation. We had been camping on my family's land in Nebraska, then her family's land in Wisconsin (after an 11 hour drive, with a quick stop at Cabela's to buy an 1851 Colt Navy revolver), and then we finished it off at my buddy's cabin near Webster.

We were on the back porch. I had been waiting for just the right moment. Eventually, I realized that I just had to ask her.

"Hey, Marge, should we get married?"

"Sure. Yeah, let's get married."

So we did. Beautiful wedding, big party, the whole nine. It's been great so far. She's my best friend, and we got a good thing going.

Congratulations.

And yes... it's all part of the plan.

Quote:
fishinchicks' blatant acknowledgment that it's all about manipulation!

Notice the "man" in manipulation, think there might be a correlation? smirk