• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vikes, too early to be excited?

fishin58

I think it's good the players are in that mode. I just hope they play like that. I would settle for getting in the playoffs and winning at least one. If we can get the SB that would be awsome.

You know I like your optimism. I feel the same way about my team coming off a 10-6 season and just missing the playoffs really has me amped up for this season. On paper the addition of Shaun Rogers, Cory Williams (our defense was pathetic last season especially against the run) and Daunte Stallworth added to an already potent offense. Anderson's consistency in the last 4-5 games is what cost us. Hopefully last years experience will benefit him going into this season.

I just read a report on PFT that the Vikings may be looking at LeCharles Bentley to replace Birk. I really wish they would make a move to extend Birk and let him finish out his career here in his home state. He is arguably one of the best centers in the league and a great leader of the team and he wants to stay here in Minnesota. I just don't understand why they would'nt want to keep a guy like that around. I really can't believe that the reason is because of the money that he would demand....look what they shelled out for Hutch. Anyway sorry to hijack the post. I am really looking forward to this season and expect big things in the post season.

Bentley is damaged goods, as a Browns fan I have been closely following this and our line is solidified and the very least he would have been was a role player but his ego is cashing checks his body can't cash. I wish him the best but things just didn't pan out with him here. If the Vikes are serious maybe right guard but I know he's no NO Matt Birk.. Good luck LeCharles...

The way the Forum made it sound he is quite the character, seems like a great guy for the club. I guess any guy that makes it big and still sports the handlebars = swwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeettt in my book. Was it 2 years ago he was sporting the Ricky "wildthing" Vaughn mullet?

Birk is a class act though and a TEAM player, I would just hate to see him go. I don't think that Bentley could even start to compare to Matty B when it comes to leadership and talent. I wish Chilly read these forums. If by the off chance that you do Chilly, I put my vote in to get a deal done with Birk!

The Vikings have several of the pieces but still need better linebackers, d-backs, wide receivers, and quarterback. I just don't see Tavaris leading the team. In fact, I don't even see him in the role of Trent Dilfer when the Ravens won the Super Bowl...and that was a MUCH better defense. Allen will help out an already stellar D-line, but one can't believe that the lack of a pass rush was the only piece missing from the pass defense.

The Vikings also need better linemen than Hicks and Cook on the right side to really open the lanes for Adrian Peterson. Imagine what could happen if the right side was stronger and McKinnie actually played as good as he's paid? Peterson was gaining yards the hard way, reminiscent of Barry Sanders and that horrible Lions team of the 80s, errr 90s, errr, well, the Lions.

Just having a little fun with sandman... Minnesota Vikings are my favorite NFC team, followed the purple people eaters and loved Tark. I hope TJack will grow he has great intangibles and I think it's mental with him at this point.

Just having a little fun with sandman... Minnesota Vikings are my favorite NFC team, followed the purple people eaters and loved Tark. I hope TJack will grow he has great intangibles and I think it's mental with him at this point.

I'm all for the ribbing Tim. Isn't that what sports are all about for us fans? blush I agree, I don't know how much TJack grew, but I hope he can do well this year.

I've already got my spot picked out for the Super Bowl parade route. rolleyes.gif

They didn't waste any time getting the new guy through the "How to Sell Hope 101" class.

Originally Posted By: Sandmannd
Originally Posted By: CNY Tim
as a Browns fan

The browns have fans???? shocked

Sure do.. We even have two capable starting quarterbacks, how bout you? whistle

we have what they call "a defense" but being a browns fan you wouldnt know what that is...... laugh

Is it news to you that fans of 32 NFL teams right now are buying hope? Do you and the common man think its unique to MN?

I think a lot more people in MN are buying on credit since they've over-extended themselves over the years, while in other markets they're buying with "straight cash homey". grin

Go broaden your horizons and take a look or a listen at some national media and then come back and tell me how much more vikings fans "buy hope" than other teams fans. That is what being a fan is about, HOPING your team can rise up this year. It doesnt mean you think or predict it to happen. You don't ever HOPE your favorite team in any sport might win a championship?