• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Deer Ticks

snatcher20

What do you guys do when you find an deer tick dug in on your dog? Last year I called the vet and he put her on the antibiotic for Lyme's disease. This past weekend found another deer tick. Do you wait and see or go with the antibiotic each time you find a deer tick sucking away? The antibotic is cheap so money isn't an issue, just not sure I want to be over using the drug or over reacting to a tick. A dog in the woods is going to get ticks. This won't be the last tick.

I get my lab a yearly lyme vaccination in May. I use Frontline once a month when I know she will be in deer tick areas. When I do find ticks stuck on her, I pull them out. She does get welts from deer ticks.