• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jiffy 30 Auger

slabberknocker

Question

I bought a Jiffy 30 Auger in early Nov. I have punched around 100-110 holes with it. My question is: Roughly, how long will the blade last on it? I have been keeping good care of it, but when I was out on Sun., it cut like a butter knife. The ice is around 18" thick and took about 3 min to drill through. Any help or suggestions on this would be great!

9 answers to this question

Best advice I can give is ,keep your edges real sharp on the V point. I always carried a flat file to touch it up , makes a world of difference. Only thing better is a lazer mag which I now have and luv. Dave has it figured out.

------------------

Your center point is most likely dulled or blunted. Take a good diamond file to the point and be careful to keep the factory angle. I would check to see it the point is still straight also, it may be bent slightly if the auger wobbles from side to side or will not feed the blade well into the ice.

You have a fine auger it just sounds to me like maintenance is in order. Don't rush to exchange it for another make, that is not a necessary move or a wise choice in my opinion.

BE...><ND>

------------------
Backwater Eddy...><,,>

Backwater Guiding Service
"ED ON THE RED"
1-701-671-3079

HEYO!
I SOLD MY OLD JIFFY AWHILE BACK (IT DID A REAL GOOD JOB BUT IT WAS JUST GETTIN TIRED I THINK) I'VE BEEN THINKING I'D GET A NEW LAZER NOW BUT SOMEONE TOLD ME THEY HAVE A HARD TIME RE-DRILLING OLD HOLES?

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......