• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Gear

All winter there was debate and conversations on what gear to buy with pros and cons included. I appreciate all the feedback as it helped me make decisions on what to do with my $$.

Reels -- Thanks to all who told me to get a 7000. WOW! I've worked way to hard at this in the past. I still need to figure out how to hold it on the retrieve though - the bass guy in me always palms it but I have little hands so there's a bit of fatigue. Cjac mentioned the 300DSV - he is right on - I found myself wanting to fish with lures that go well with this rig, just cause its so smooooooth.

Rods -- Picked up a long (9ft) HVY action rod and I think I'm really going to like it for the biggies.

Lures -- If my wife is asking I didn't get any new ones!! Based on RK's input I added a Topper Stopper and can see myself throwing this a lot when I'm tired of working too hard - its simple and sublte. I also tried out the Super DCG just for fun and it sure moves a lot of water - my opinion is that it doesn't pull as easy as the 10's though. I also tossed a globe for the first time - I dig the metal on metal sound and am anxious for the conditions to be right for it.

Again thanks for all the help and suggestions - I'd be interested to see what the rest of you found with your new gear.

-erik

I'm glad you like all your new stuff. I as well have added quite a few new things based on this sites incredibly knowledgeable users. You guys really know your muskies. I will be going up for my annual LOTW musky trip in less than 2 weeks and I am excited to try all my new stuff. I added a MH St Croix Triumph Rod that will be paired with a Shimano Curado 301DSV which I am going to pick up from Cabelas tonight. I have heard many good things about these reels and I love the low profile design. Then I have one other larger Rod a Extra-Heavy Triumph for any baits over 3 ounces that is paired with a Pflueger Trion Round reel in the 66 left handed model. I took out the clicker on this one so it inst so annoying and I can cast a mile now!

Thanks for everyones help, you guys are great!

Ryan

Erik... Im not done with purchasing more lures... I purchased 8 more from MTO yesterday and they should arrive tomorrow... gonna be a very sweet package for sure.... includes 2 new plastic Pacemakers, Super Humper, Mag Lowrider, and couple bucktails... Cant wait to get all my new lures wet... and brutalized too... LOL

I have whole lot of new stuff that hasnt been used... sure is frustrating seeing them sit there.... and no... Im not gonna loan it out to anybody!!! LOL