Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Catmendo

Foggy Morning...

9 posts in this topic

I took these the other morning on route to the office. Both were shot on the same location though at different time intervals. The first of the pond was taken by my 17-40 set on 17mm and the 2nd was taken with my 70-200 set on 70mm. If I never previously mentioned, my camera is a canon 10D.

255_5524-1-1.jpg

255_5546-1-1.jpg

It was the low lying, out reaching shadows that caught my attention in this one. I decided that I would cature the sun peeking through he limbs of the alder tree for an additional effect.

255_5556-1-1.jpg

All excellent Stu!!!!!!! I do like the last one a little bit more. The patterns of the shadows with the sun peaking through make it great.

Last one for me, good work!

I really like the first one - the contrast of the cattails in the foreground and the the background sky with the pale shades. Reminds me of being the first on on the water in the morning.

Thanks for the post.

I like all three. The whole series gives the feeling of a pleasant early morning.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Glad Lavine is gone! Added nothing but slam dunks to the team. I've been out of town for the past week, so I was very delighted to hear about this trade today.
    • Not unless they ban the toothpick crossbow here too. Takes those beetles out clean.   
    • That's called seasoning. Two years ago I took a trip to Germany and we spent a few days in the black forest where I got to see some authentic old world smoke houses dating back to the 1500's and the amount of buildup on the walls, hooks, poles etc is part of what gives their hams,bacon and sausage their flavor. They use juniper wood for smoking. Absolutely delicious.  But yeah, foil, Pam and other things can help. You can also use a power washer to clean them.
    •   "We have found they do not like limburger cheese, hot dogs, or Makers Mark bourbon.  I am thankful for that."   Thanks for making my nite.  
    • Also woodpeckers beat on stuff to mark their territory.   I am pretty sure that there aren't any bugs on my metal downspouts.
    • You will often discover that birds are picking very small insects from decks and other woodwork around your house;  they do the same with trees and any other structure that might hold the bugs. We see them often on our decks and they usually pick a little bit and then move on,  perhaps just checking to see if there is anything edible there. These rascals also love hummingbird or oriole nectar, sunflower seeds and of course suet in winter. We have discovered  many species that will head straight for the nectar for orioles or hummingbirds and also plunge their beaks eagerly into the grape jam bowls orioles love. Birds will eat a greater variety than you might think. We have found they do not like limburger cheese, hot dogs, or Makers Mark bourbon.  I am thankful for that.
    • And pretty soon there'll be little chinese restaurants springing up everywhere...there goes the neighborhood. 
    • I use the ball of aluminum foil, too. Works well.
    • lay them in the grass over night and wipe off in the morning.  the dew soaks in if it's moist out.  other wise lay them out and place wet towels over them for awhile..
  • Our Sponsors