• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trout fishing the Adirondak's

Hey guys,

I was hoping I could get some advice on some trout streams/lakes in the adirondaks area. I am going to stop somewhere in the park and fish/camp for a few days on my way out to work at a camp in new hampshire for the summer.

I would mostly be fly fishing, but i will also have my spinning tackle.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

The Adirondacks are HUGE and you'd have a lot of options. It would help if you have one area of the park picked out that you were going to stop at to give you some ideas. Probably the best trout river there is the Ausable and another place further south is called the West Canada Creek which is also good and the Schroon river is nice too.

I am thinking about somewhere on the east side of the park, somewhat close to interstate 87. I guess the Ausable is over in that area and I'm sure there are some other smaller streams that are easy to access as well. I cant seem to find a map that shows the smaller rivers, etc.

IF I can get hold of my BIL's dad, I should be able to get you some good info. He just got home from a bout with cancer so it may take me a bit, but he's not sitting still, just tired. He's spent the better part of 80 some years fishing up there, so he'd know. I'd say check the State camp sites near Blue Mtn. Lake. Small, but I've had good luck there. Canoe is great but many banks are good as well. I'll see what I can come up with.

Ray