• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anchor help

Iambjm

I have a Lund Rebel 1650 that I am going to be putting an anchormate on this week, any suggestion on a good anchor to use. I have two now, but neither will hold the boat in place. One is a mushroom anchor, the other is a 12 pound 3 claw river anchor.

Danforth and richter are good. But I wonder why a 12 lb river anchor won't hold you now. Do you let enough rope out? We used to sell 9-11lb danforths for 20-24 ft cuddys.

Barb, you can try to get some anchor chain as well. If you put on a 3 to 4 foot section it will help hold the anchor at the right angle to hook up for you. I go with the Richtor anchors now. I had lost my mushroom one and bought a richtor, little more pricey, but it holds great in rivers and lakes. I think they are close to $60 at Fleet Farm.

How much rope should I be letting out? We have always had a problem with anchoring our boats, maybe we are doing something wrong.

3 Times the depth is what I use and have had good luck with.

marine_man