• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What The.....?

I was out trolling cranks today and putting some nice eye's in the boat, while my fishing partner was just netting all my fish, not catching any of his own. I was using a Firetiger Minnow Rap 7, and managed to catch 6 eyes and when number 7 hit, I set the hook and then nothing, I though my snap broke or my knot pulled, but once I got it back to the boat all I had left was the lip of my crank. Anyone else ever have something like this happen to them?

Makes me wonder if Rapala quality is declining....

I have had numerous cranks "breakdown" while in the midst of a hot bite and even those not so hot bites. Since it was a rap I'd send it back to Normark and they should take care of you and replace it. I had a few problems with minnow raps during the longcast minnow period, and broke off numerous lips and each was replaced and or upgraded by the company. Go back to the retailer first, where it was bought, and if that doesn't work then go to the company themselves. Glad to hear the fish were biting for you, might want to let your buddy catch some next time though:)

Tunrevir~

I've also had occasional problems with crankbaits breaking --- banging rocks getting snagged and catching fish can take a toll on them. If you're not careful unhooking the fish you can also damage parts of the crankbait, like the lip, the hooks, and where the hooks attach to the bait.

I was out trolling cranks today and putting some nice eye's in the boat, while my fishing partner was just netting all my fish, not catching any of his own.

You just had to put this in there! What does that have to do with your stupid minnow rap breaking? You forgot to mention who and what caught the big fish of the day! grin By the way I will be buying one of those even though they break.