• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"Bluegills on a popper" (pics)

What a great afternoon!...I didn't even hit the water till almost noon but had to take advantage of the calm waters!...grabbed the flyrod and camera (and canoe) and headed to my favorite little bluegill hole....it didn't take long as they were in the shallows and immediately hit my little yellow "Bettes" popper....man can these bluegills fight ! grin...and these aren't those little 5" bluegills!...these are the big "Bulls!".....just a great 3 hours!....All the fish were released to be caught again,takes years to get bluegills this big!.....even came across an eagle by it's nest....nest has been near this lake for over 10 years....

the lake....

Frame_P1030270-2.JPG

Frame_P1030261-1.JPG

one of many I managed to hook into....

Frame_P1030284-1copy.jpg

Frame_P1030283-1copy.jpg

Frame_P1030242-1copy.jpg

Frame_P1030234-1copy.jpg

Thanks everyone....yesterday was one of those days where everything was just...well...perfect!....the weather,the bite...it all came together!....I was thinking the same thing Stu,as the eagle watched me release those bluegills grin...I did see that eagle pluck 2 different northern pike out of the waters a few hundred feet from me....I wish I could have captured that on camera!...but...to busy catching gills' grin