• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stern light problem!!

delta hunter

Question

The stern light on my dad's boat isn't working but have had a chance to monkey with it yet! Just wondering if I should be looking at the main wires or the stern light its self! I am 100% positive the bulb is good! Any info would be great!!

2 answers to this question

Its most likely corosion in the socket. Spray some WD-40 or someother solavent in socket. Put light in, twist around a little then you should have good connection. After that clean socket out with towel and spray light coat of WD-40. Start with that. Sometimes the lght bar goes bad, Put sterm light in bow socket to see if it works. Put bow light in stern socket to see if Socket works. Im sure both sockets are the same, I hope.