• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Redhorse ID

I'm gonna have to say silvers on both of the first two. And for sure that last one is a white sucker. Maybe someone else with more experience identifing redhorse will chime in.

The first two are definetely golden redhorse. The dorsal is concave. The silver has a convex dorsal. Besides that, the mouth and head structure is totally different. The silver has way bigger lips that face more downward than the fish in the pics and a larger head. I got a second opinion from a very reliable source, and he agrees. Nice golden!

I'd say a silver, based on the fact that they have 14-15 dorsal ray spines while a golden has 12-13. The dorsal fin in not spread enough to tell if its concave or convex.

Definetely not a river, they have a red fins, like a shorthead, but a larger, blunt head with larger lips.

silver and a white sucker. nice catch.

I counted 15 rays on the dorsal fin, hence a silver. I've caught several silvers that had dorsal fins slightly concave and looked similar to a goldens. Golden Redhorse have either 12 or 13 rays on their dorsal fin.

I take my statement back. After reading the other replies, I am counting the dorsal spines. Although they are hard to count exactly, I am seeing between 13-15. That would make it a silver. If there are more than 13 that is.