• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Winnipeg "Wigglers" annual event...

I few years ago, I posted a report on this thread. It pertained to an all female, Winnipeg based angling fraternity who call themselves the "Winnipeg Wigglers". Today, June 7th, 2008 marks this interesting and dedicated groups umpteenth

spring fishing event on the banks of Manitoba's Red River.

The day is spent by this group of fun loving ladies, enjoying a day away from daily life rituals and more importantly, their spouses! They range in age from late teens all the way up to early nineties! That's right early nineties, for Lillian Snyder one of the groups founding members (the Wigglers was founded way back in the 1950's!) and is still actively partiscipating in the fun & frolics.

Here's the ladies as they appear unloading their gear & tackle from the chartered bus. Notice the ingenuity of using those handy little two wheel carts that are commonly used for shopping!

253_5366-1.jpg

All loaded up and headed for the river bank!

253_5367-1.jpg

The ladies as they appear settled in along the river bank for a fun filled day of fishing!

253_5376.jpg

253_5377.jpg

253_5378.jpg

Here's Lillian showing off the special T-Shirt her fellow "Wigglers" had printed up for her. It was their way of saying thanks for everything. Lillian recently celebrated her 91st. birthday.

253_5396-1.jpg

I decided that it would be worth adding these additional pic's.

Pictures are indeed worth a 1000 words...

Here's another great bit of inginuity....the ladies not only use those little shopping carts for hauling "all" their equipment. They are also used for transporting their catch over to the officials station in order to have their catch recorded!

253_5390.jpg

253_5391.jpg

The Red River is world renowned mainly for two major species, the mighty channel cat and those massive green back walleye. However a multitude of species also lay claims to calling the the Red home. In early June, freshwater drum AKA "sheephead" as it is more widely recognized by, really makes its present known!

254_5411.jpg

254_5413.jpg

Every crowd has its share of comic's and the Winnipeg Wigglers are no exception. Here's one of them now displaying her catch. (well she tried to convinced me that she caught them)!

254_5402.jpg

Sometimes a day out can take on a whole new meaning. This gal seems to off somewhere else at the momment...

254_5404.jpg