• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rincon??????????

Hester

Why does Gardy continue to put Rincon in the game in key situations. Once again he put him out there tonight and he got lit up. I think he faced 8 batters and got 4 outs walked 1 and gave up 3 hits, 2 of which were dingers.

Not only has he been getting rocked, but I cant remember a single time he has looked promising. These games are to valuble to be throwing away. He has been worthless ever since he came off steroids. GET RID OF HIM!

I personally think that it's upper management that keeps him around.

I see it as Gardy putting him out there in key situations so that he does get lit up so upper management WILL get rid of him.

I don't understand why you keep him around though. What difference does it make if you pay him $2+M to sit on the bench, or sit on the couch.

I agree. Either get him back on steroids, or get him on the plane.

According to the Fanball site earlier tonight:

Juan Rincon: Rincon likely to be released

6/7 8:12 pm: The Twins need to cut down their roster from 13 pitches to 12, and it appears that the pitcher most likely to be released is Juan Rincon, according to MLB.com. "I wish I could make a better case [to stay] by pitching better, but if that's what it's going to be, it's what it's going to be," Rincon said.

Juan Rincon - RP June 13, 8:41 p.m.

Juan Rincon has rejected his assignment to Triple-A Rochester.

Fantasy spin: The Twins now have 10 days to trade or release the struggling reliever. His career stats should lead to some offers, but there's a good chance he ends up just getting released. Rincon had a 2.93 ERA from 2003-2006, but has definitely been a bit off recently. He had a 6.11 ERA in 28 innings this season. "I've got to go do something, find another team to make it back to the big leagues," he said.

From Sporting News Fantasy:

Juan Rincon, RP - Indians

June 24, 12:14 p.m.

Indians signed RHP Juan Rincon to a minor league contract.

Fantasy spin: Cut loose by the Twins last week, Rincon stays in the AL Central and will try to make it back to the majors with Cleveland. His performance has declined each season since 2004 and he's now a shell of his former dominant self, but at 29 years old Rincon may still have some value left as a middle reliever. Minnesota is on the hook for his entire $2.5 million salary, so there's little risk involved for the Indians and Rincon could get a look in the second half.