• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mercury 9.8 problems

Lure Lightning

I have a merc 9.8 that doesnt appear to be spitting much water and it also wont let me fill the lower end unit till the fluid comes out the top screw hole. Any suggestions on what it could be? Or know of a good mechanic around the Chisago Forest Lake area.

Thanks in advance.-Dan

Sounds like you need a new impeller or the "pee hole" is clogged. As far as the filling problem, The top plug on those is the smaller straight blade screw that goes in at an angle just above the anti-cav plate. Is that the one you are removing to vent?

The other thing you could look at, I did this before, is take teh hose off from the motor to the pea hole and blow some air through it. I had some sand get in and kep the water from flowing properly. Took the hose off and blew through it and it works fine.

But if you do have some problems you can't fix, Frankies is top notch.