• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lower Manitou Fishing Report

With the prolonged colder weather the trout fishing has been outstanding since ice out, they are still up and we are catching them trolling white tube, #5 silver mepps, and various colored rapalas.

The bass fishing has really picked up this past week and they are starting to make some beds in the warmer bays.

The pike are a bit behind, but we are getting some good reports of larger ones being caught.

The lake is up about 1.5 feet from spring level and slowly rising, once the rain slows and things start to warm, we should start getting into our summer patterns.

If anyone has any questions about the area, just let me know.

Thanks,

Matt

Hey Outfitter17,

Love those new Lund Outfitter 1750's you have. Saw one in the Alonghill portage. Any tips on how I could snag one? I really wanted to jump in and check it out, but I controlled myself. Hope everything is OK at Pipestone.

We were catching some really nice Brownies a couple of weeks ago.

Similar Island

The guests really like the new outfitters with the 50 hondas, it was a big step up from the ssv 16's. I have 12 of them and the only problem now is the dock space. We are building a new 60' dock with T on the end in the next couple of weeks, this should solve our dock issues.

You can find them at pinewoodsports.com

They are a resort made boat, so you won't find them in the normal lund brochure. They have a smaller brochure with about 10 boats made for resorts not offered to the public. That being said pinewood will sell the outfitters to anyone, since they carry a few on their lot.

Have you guys been catching any fish from shore? I've been reading a few reports about the trout not really being too shallow this year. Is this contributed to a later baitfish spawn? I figured, we would have got a few more fish last weekend in the usual spots but it was kinda slow.

The trout are very scattered with the strange sring and cooler than normal water temps. We have guys catching them deep and a kid caught one yesterday in 4 feet of water fishing for bass?

Thing will straighten out soon and we will get back to normal.