• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

50HP Honda 4 Stroke Rough Idle

Roscoe16

I have a 2000 Honda 50HP 4 stroke. When at idle it sputters and kills on occasion. I looked at the owners manual and also a repair manual for it and could not find anywhere saying how to adjust the idle speed. Any suggestions?

Roscoe16

I've got a '98 40hp honda. Only use non oxy fuel.

Borrowed it out and they filled it up with corn fuel. They didn't know. Ran like [PoorWordUsage] till that tank was gone. A couple things I do to mine is put a new fuel filter and plugs in it every year. Didn't one year and ran like [PoorWordUsage]. Also running it out of fuel at the end of the year seems to help. At the begining of the year I run a third of a can of seafoam with the first full 6 gallon tank of fuel. Mine runs great as long as I do those few things. If I don't it can get very moody and spit and sputter like yours. Another thing I do is let it warm up a bit if it is fairly cool out before going full throttle with it.

I have a 50 hp Yamaha 4 stroke and was told to use Yamaha Ring Free Fuel Additive with stable all the time. It'll help prevent ring stick and wear. Cleans carbon and varnish. I use it in my snowmobiles also.