• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Do you ever feel alone? Lets share our feelings.

SledNeck

Ever feel like youre the only bass fisherman? Everytime Im at the landing at whatever lake Im fishing, some joker will walk up to me and ask, "hows the fishing?" I'll usually say "we did well". He'll say, "How many?" I'll say; "I dunno, maybe 50 or more between us". He'll say, "Really?????" and "What are you usin'? or How deep?" I'll say, " Plastic worms, jig n pigs, buzzbaits, xraps"...He'll say, "Oh you mean Bass" and he'll walk away.

There is alot of anti-bass sentiment up here where walleye is king. Now, I can go out pretty much anytime and pound walleyes...but ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! Bass is where its at. I always seem to be having the bass vs. walleye conversation....

"You cant eat bass!"

me: "Do walleyes die immediately after theyre hooked? cause they seem like they are dead when you reel em in."

"Casting all day sux"

me: "Im gonna invent a True Walleye edition boat, it wont have seats...just a couch, a beer fridge, a plasma screen (to kill time trollin'), and a defibrillator for the heartattacks walleye fisherman will have incase you actually hook a fish that fights back."

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you must not know how to catch walleyes thats why you fish for bass any sucker can go out and catch bass its easy haha with all the fun and jokes I do enjoy fishing bass but am a true walleye guy at heart!

Very nice fish! So your telling me that those two hogs you caught when you set the hook came right in and didn't give up one little bit of a fight? those are nice fish though! Plus thats a great Lund boat your fishing out of!

Sled couldnt agree more. My uncle lives right on the shoreline of Ottertail lake. We head up twice a year for a week each time and i may go out on the lake maybe once a trip. We spend all our time fishing the smaller lakes in the area fishing for Largies and pike. Ive never understood the infatuation with walleye fishing but the locals up there look at you like your an alien if you tell them your hunting bass. But hey i figure more for us so im not complaining.

hey, who's knocking walleye fishing...Im just saying bass fishing is 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times better.

Sheesh, you guys. yada yada yada crazy eyes taste good!!!!! some fight just fine. fish with me in the river if you doubt it. smallies are king but why knock eyes and eye fisherman grin can't we all just get along?? sleep

Where's Bass Kid, he can straighten it out. whistle

I don't ever keep fish so the decision is easy for me. Let's see, sit on a reef with 20 other boats dragging a lindy rig and watching my rod tip or casting topwaters in the shallows and watching smallies blow up on the surface.

A two pound bass fights harder than a 5 lb walleye anyday.

I understand walleye fishing if you're after a meal, but for pure sport I say bass fishing every time. Love it!

For bassers.. it's about sport, action, fun, and C&R.

For walley anglers.. it's about the stomach.

I've never heard of any walleye people who are C&R.

Of course there ARE a lot who fish both and experience it all!

For me its the sport and constant hunt. My old man ruined me when I was young on trolling and all the really boring stuff. I even hated fishing then.

Thank you Bass, you saved my fishing enjoyment!

People do the same with me and muskies. They can't understand "the hunt" for a big fish, and putting in potentially lots of time for maybe one opportunity, or maybe none. I personally don't care what they think! They don't know what they're missing. BUT tho muskies are my mainstay, I am not a purist. I've had plenty of bass, pike, and walleye in the boat so far this year. BTW, Bass ARE my second favorite. Love fishing largemouth in slop, but then there's something about those smallies...

I love this topic personally. On one hand I have caught a few walleyes over the 28 inch mark. My personal best is a 29.75 that I decided to put on the wall and I am proud of it as it is a beatiful mount. On the other I have caught several Smallmouth that approached the 20 inch range and a few Largies in the 22 inch area as well as a few pike that were in the 38-39 inch range. I'll say with 100 confidence that yes walleye does taste good. I'll also say that they are one of the poorest fighting fish there are if we are talking pound for pound fight. I love to fish walleye when I'm on a body of water that could potentially kick out a monster but I dream of setting the hook on a quality bass... enough said.

I'm not even sure what I'm doing in the bass forum...I'm a walleye guy, a die hard one, and I've caught my fair share of bass, while fishing for walleyes, and the hit when a 24"+ walleye coming out of shallow water to smash a crank bait will top any bass out there. Especially since very few walleye guys use line heavier then 8 lb or maybe step it up a little when trolling, and we aren't using MH or Heavy baitcasters with a winch for a reel and 50 lb braided line. If you guys would put down the broom sticks and pick up a ML spinning rod with some 8 lb mono on it, you would know what a fight really is.

O and Slyster, alot of people let walleyes go, I've caught almost 40 in the last 3 weeks, only kept 4, I probably won't keep anymore until fall....

You guys can keep your ugly green bass, I'll keep chasing walleyes.

I'm not even sure what I'm doing in the bass forum...

That was enough for me right there...... I don't think I have evr caught a 6 pound eye with 15 pounds of weeds thats wrapped around a pad stock..... try using 8 pound test and a #4 hook for that! if you actually fished for a real fish then maybe you would understand

wow 40 in 3 weeks, that's killin em wink

I'd take a 15 inch bass slammin a crank rather than a 24 inch walleye. Walleyes are wussies for the most part. Don't get me wrong, I love fishing them. Its fun. But bass fight much harder