Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Griggs

140hp Suzuki Prop Pitch for Alum Nav

8 posts in this topic

I'm just wondering what pitch of prop will give the best performance on a 2007 Suzuki 140hp 4-stroke for a 2007 17ft Alumacraft Navigator. THX!

Can you provide a little more info?

What you're running for RPM at WOT?

I'd say a 21 or a 23 on a suzuki due to the gear ratio they run... but that's a guess without much info.

marine_man

I'm not sure what WOT is, but I'm not sure of the current pitch either. I'm just wondering if someone has this motor on a similar rig that can recommend a pitch for good performance. Right now its running in the low 40 mph range.

WOT + wide open throttle.

The boat you have plays a huge part in this as well.

Find out your RPM at WOT and that will help a lot.

I have a 115 yamaha 4 stroke on a 17' Explorer and can get 45 mph with a light load. Im guessing you should be in the mid 40's reguarly and hit high 40's every once in a while.

Im also guessing but I would think a 21 would do the job.

Call Jay Soderbloom and ask him. He really knows his props. He can also get you a prop at a good price. He is also a sponsor of FM. www.soderbloom.com

I had a 21 pitch stainless steel prop on my former boat. It was a 140 Johnson 4 stroke (same as Suzuki) on an Alumacraft Dominator 175 CS which is also almost the same boat you have. That ran me within the recommended RPM range near the top. Although, I cannot remember what exactly the RPM range is?? It is in your owners manual.

Matt

I have the same motor on my Stratos 386XF. It should run max RPM's at 5600-6200. On my boat after trying a few different props I found the best all around prop was a Suzuki 14 x 20 SS prop. It runs at 6000 with a light load and 5700-5800 fully loaded. I also was very close with a Turning Point 13.25 X 19 SS prop that would give me a better hole shot but would not let me fully trim up for max speed and RPM's. I still have this prop if you would like to try it on your boat, it might be a good match as your boat is a little lighter than mine. I also have a spare 14 x 20 Suzuki prop you could try.

21 pitch should do you just fine. That is what I run on mine. It started off as a 23 on the boat but it was really slow to plane out with a load. Now with the 21 it jumps out of the water. I do have to be careful not to max my RPMs when i am planing up somethiing to be careful of. This is on 1775 prov which is similar to your set up.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• As the Chronicle reports, Pelosi spoke out Tuesday, essentially begging people to stop talking about third-party candidates and messing up the polling, saying that a narrow victory in the general election "would deprive Hillary Clinton of a big mandate that I think she should have going into the White House and that would be helpful as to how we go forward."   This is just how Del, D2E, Hillary, Donald, and Nancy Pelosi feel about 3rd party candidates.  Nothing personal.  
    • Perhaps you are associating peanut butter with sweet things, like cookies or peanut butter cups.   But peanuts aren't sweet and can work in savory things as well.   Asian food seems to do that with peanuts a lot, just as an example.   African food also. 
    • Man, I can see cream cheese but peanut butter? I may have to give it a go sometime, maybe the bacon will off set the oddness?  
    • Sorry I missed that. The brown and blue wires are the Transmit TX and Receive Rx wires for connection via single cable to NMEA 0183 compatible devices. nmea 0183 is the protocol for compatible devices, computer, plotters, auto piolet, Radar, radio, etc. All of these devices including your GPS can be connected to a single cable. The brown and blue wires allows the sonar to communicate to other devices. Google nmea 0183 compatible devices for a raft of information on what this is. My brother, a charter Capitan out of Cortez FL. uses these devices on his boat for off shore fishing up to 100 miles off shore. Nice to have to talk to other Capitan's ship to shore, radar, GPS and  to get back home without running into sunken islands.  
    • Trump stumped on terrorist quiz as he can't identify the leaders of ISIS and al-Qaeda – but Carly Fiorina shows she knows her Nasrallah from her al-Julani Radio host Hugh Hewitt asked Trump and Fiorina the same questions about terrorist leaders in separate taped interviews on Thursday FIorina answered confidently and Trump seemed flummoxed, confusing 'Quds Forces' with 'Kurds forces'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3222467/Trump-stumped-terrorist-quiz-t-identify-leaders-ISIS-al-Qaeda-Carly-Fiorina-shows-knows-Nasrallah-al-
    • I ask the same thing about the other 2 candidates, especially the one that is your favorite.   What do you care? I thought he was irrelevant anyway?  
    • Oh yeah.  I keep forgetting about all that modern computer stuff in cars.   So the computer would notice the tranny didn't shift all the way down as the car stopped?     There goes that theory.    And why only after a couple hours of driving?   Some sort of overheating of the transmission fluid?  cooler plugged in the flush process?    Here is a question for Carpmaster..... Is it different in the summer vrs winter?   Like you only have to drive 50 miles in summer and 200 in winter?   You guys that actually know can feel free to ignore my suggestions if you don't want to waste time answering.  
    • leech, it does sound like an odd concocktion.  but you gotta try it.  225 for 2 hrs, helps if u use thin bacon.
  • Our Sponsors