Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jimmy from Cottage Grove

Dogtra E-collars

8 posts in this topic

I am in the process of picking up my first e-collar. I have decided to get a dogtra. Does anyone know which models are the best. They all seem to have the same features. I was looking at the the 1900, 1700, and the 280. I have a springer that is about 39 pounds. I don't know if size has anything to do with it. I read somewhere that the 1700 and 1900 were for larger breeds. Not sure if that is accurate.

I just checked out the HSOforum. I guess that I would go for the 1600 if I was a duck hunter because it is fully waterproof. The other ones talk about the level of power as being a factor and whether the dog is hard to work with out not. I wouldn't think a smaller dog would need a big tap to get it's attention.

By the way, I own 3 Dogtra collars. I looked at others and acutally had a sport dog but took it back cause I didn't like the features. I'm happy with what I have. I just sent the oldest in for new batteries - 5 years old - and got it back in less than a week and it was only $17.50. Great Service.

Yeah I definetly want one that is fully waterproof. According to the dogtra HSOforum, all of the models I mentioned are fully waterproof.

Check again. The Dogtra HSOforum:

200NCP Gold (Low-to-medium power)

Pet-trainer or sporting dog unit for mild-mannered to medium disposition dogs.

The 200NCP Gold is an entry-level sporting dog unit with low to medium power. This dynamo is a bestseller year in and year out. It features water-resistant transmitter, waterproof receiver, rechargeable Ni-MH batteries, half-mile range, nick and constant stimulation, and our patented non-stimulating pager mode. Throw in Dogtra's industry-leading durability and value-pricing, and you can see why the 200NCP Gold is at the top of its class.

Have a Dogtra 200 Gold NCP that is four years old. It has worked great with no problems. I really like the pulse vibrate feature almost all I use. Transmitter is a little large when carried on a lanyard while hunting. I would highly recommend.

Tink

I have the Dogtra 2500 T&B and love it. A friend of mine sold his Tri-Tronics because he's getting a second pup and is getting the 2502 T&B.

Jimmy,

I have a Dogtra 1600 ? It has the vibration feature that I really like (only thing I use).

I am in Newport if you want to try one out before buying one - your more then welcome to bring your pup.