• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How do you hook up the kill switch wires on old evinrude motor to key?

I have a 1965 Evinrude Big Twin 40HP and there are two wires coming down from the place where the coil,condenser wires are hooked to and they must cut out the points some how I'm assuming and now I have a key switch in my boat and was wondering the correct way to hook these into my key. Any help would be much appreciated Thanks Chris

The back of the key switch should be marked.

S- start

c- choke

a- accesory (12 volts to the dash with key in run position)

B- battery or power feed

M- magneto

M- magneto

The 2 marked "M" are the ones that will complete the circuit to ground.

If they are not marked, they are the only 2 that show continuity in the "OFF" position. ( dont hook up an ohms tester with power connected to the switch)

Hey Bruce Thanks once again for letting me pick your brain I bet by now your probably wonderin why I havent put a match to the thing yet LOL!!!

By the way I figured out what that deal under my float on the carb was it was an electric choke selenoid and got er hooked up today and works sweet now