• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Old news???

fishin58

Their is an article in the current MN Outdoor News about this. Gone is the all-season, but also new this year we will now be allowed to separately purchase an archery license, firearms license, and/or muzzleloaders license.

what about the guy who lives and owns land in one zone and wants to hunt with his buddies in another zone. i live in zone 1 and have a hunting camp in zone 2. that all season tag was the cat's meow. i also live in the TB area so taking deer is no problem. anybody want one? they be eating my vegies

Their is an article in the current MN Outdoor News about this. Their is now two regular firearms licenses. The statewide (A) season license, and then a (B) season license for what was traditionally the 3B season. Areas during the (A) season have different season lengths resembling the old zones we were used to (1A, 2A, 4A..).

So eyesorbust, you'll be spending $28 instead of $78.

what about the guy who lives and owns land in one zone and wants to hunt with his buddies in another zone. i live in zone 1 and have a hunting camp in zone 2. that all season tag was the cat's meow. i also live in the TB area so taking deer is no problem. anybody want one? they be eating my vegies

Can they at least print all three of the licenses I'm going to have to buy one one sheet like they do my pheasant stamp and duck stamp on my small game license? The very last thing I need is more pieces of paper to carry with me all the time and make sure which one I have when I'm hunting which season. Also will each one have a separate tag too? This will be a mess of paper...

Looks like 28*3=84 so the DNR is also raising my all-season license $6 huh? That's a pretty sneaky way to raise a license fee without telling anyone.

I think the new suggestions are great, but to make it easier to understand they should word it "the firearm's license is valid statewide" (except 3B(also silly)) and keep the zones the same.

That would be better than "...new zones, but the shotgun and rifle areas still apply, but the season length didn't change in the North Zone but now the South Zone is 8 instead of 2 and 4 days..." etc.

Looks like 28*3=84 so the DNR is also raising my all-season license $6 huh? That's a pretty sneaky way to raise a license fee without telling anyone.

But a lot of people were buying the All Season license that didn't need archery or muzzloader, so for them it's cheaper.

Plus everything is going up. It would have gone up even if they hadn't made the changes.

Can they at least print all three of the licenses I'm going to have to buy one one sheet like they do my pheasant stamp and duck stamp on my small game license? The very last thing I need is more pieces of paper to carry with me all the time and make sure which one I have when I'm hunting which season. Also will each one have a separate tag too? This will be a mess of paper...

It'll still be a lot of paper because of the tag. There's just no way to design a licensing system so long as the animal has to be tagged. As for price, deer licenses are $26, not $28. License fees are actually controlled by the Legislature. DNR couldn't raise them if they wanted to.

Lou,

First appreciate all that you folks do to try and make things work.

Second any word yet on the Intensive Harvest areas or bonus tag areas?

If so are these going to be identified by the old area numbers?

And if or when the early season is held will that also be considered seperate license or count towards the regular season doe tags?

How does the regular season license work? Is this a bucks only license, does only, one of each?

Does your regular season tag need to be filled first before purchasing bonus tags or fill bonus tag prior to regular tag?

I know we should just wait until the regs come out but some of us are tweaking for the season to start already and are incurably inquisitive:)

Im curious how this will affect the Lifetime Licences. This should be a good thing for me since I have archery and firearms deer. I had to upgrade to Multizone Buck in order to hunt in zone 1 along with zone 2. This cost me an additional 30 some bucks every year.

Obviously I am a non resident now but bought these licenses before I moved.

Does anyone know if I can get a muzzleloading licence with my lifetime licence?

If so are these going to be identified by the old area numbers? The 400 series areas will be renumbered to a 200 series. The boundaries aren't changing

And if or when the early season is held will that also be considered seperate license or count towards the regular season doe tags? They'll be EA areas and they won't count towards your total season bag (same as always)

How does the regular season license work? Is this a bucks only license, does only, one of each? Same as always. Either-sex in managed or intensive areas right off the bat. It's bucks only in lottery unless you draw a permit.

Does your regular season tag need to be filled first before purchasing bonus tags or fill bonus tag prior to regular tag? Nope, it's never been that way. You just need to have the tag before you shoot the deer. You can't shoot first, buy tag later

I think I opened a can of worms