• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Software update

berfish

Question

What exactly do you need to update the software on a LMS-522i? I have been on the Lowrance site and they tell you to put a blank MMC card into a reader and download the update to the blank card. Place the blank card into the card slot on the locator and it will automatically update. Where do you get a card and a reader? Hom much are they? Thanks. I tried searching for this topic in the last two years but I didn't find anything.

7 answers to this question

Do you have an SD slot on your PC? If not you can buy SD card readers that plug into your USB port on your PC at any place that sells PC's. Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. Cards you can get anywhere as well. You shouldn't need more than a 1 gig, and they are pretty cheap now. I've seen 2 gig chips for as low as $15. Just make sure you get the SD card so it fits in the unit. They are the same size as the lakemaster chips.

THat is what I was thinking I needed but I wanted to make sure. The lowrance site didn't really get specific about what was needed other than operating software and free space. My computer is pretty old so I need the USB port. Thanks.

Beerfish....

I see you live in Circle Pines, I live in Lexington and I can assist you with the down load.

Only takes a few minutes and can save you from buying what is needed.

If you want to get together let me know.

Wow, I just updated my 525c df last night. I don't think it could be any easier! Load the chip in computer download. Open the lowrance, insert chip, turn it on..LOADING..OFF. Done just that easy. Thank you Lowrance.. Another quality product!. Now I am going to take it up to Millacs to check it out!!