• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sand point Lake(pics)

I had the good fortune to get up to the Voyageur's park with my canoe and "solo" a few days by myself(joined later in the week with some friends) and camp out and hook a few walleyes(enough for a few of shore lunches)....Sunday and monday of this past week were sunny and just plain great!....I just back a couple of hours ago and the weather sure took a turn for the worst!...Here's a few images from my camp site on Brown's Bay (off of grassy bay) on Sand Point Lake(Voyageur's Park)...sure looks like an old Hamm's Beer commercial! grin....beautiful country!...

Frame_BrownsBay.jpg

Frame_P1020983-1copy.jpg

Frame_P1020965-1copy.jpg

Frame_P1020966-1copy.jpg

Frame_P1020964-2copy.jpg

P1020911-2.jpg

found these guys crawlin around the granite rocks near the campsite hunting for ants..."6 spotted tiger beetle"...kinda neat!...nice coloration!

Frame_P1020992-1.JPG

Thanks Guys!....I really enjoyed my trip up there!....actually ,I've been going to Grassy Bay since 71' and like the area better now then back then! grin....weather certainly wasn't the best this year(spent 5 days on those rocks)....also went into David Lake on the Canadian side targeting laketrout but was tough with the winds and driving rains for a couple days...not even a hit cry...2 days nice,3 days gray and rainy!...the "bugs" were starting up (gnats/flys) and liked to crawl around your eyes and in under your hat taking chunks of skin with each bite and itch like crazy!...that's june in the north country grin....