• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How can I fix broken rack?

Christopher Quast

Any good ideas on how to fix a beam that is broke loose from the skull? Last year I got my first mullie and when I went to pick his head off the ground I realized his right side was just held together by cartilidge and skin and I was going to do a european mount and I want it to look nice when it is done

Any help would be much appreciated Thanks

If the skull plate isn't broken, a piece of ready bolt and some bondo should do it. Drill a hole about 2 inches into the antler base and bondo the ready bolt into the antler. Next drill another hole into the skull (makesure the antler will line up correctly on the skull), then bondo the antler into place.

It can be a little tricky to get the antler to line up right so if you aren't sure, take it to a taxidermist most of us will fix it for pretty cheap.