Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Christopher Quast

How can I fix broken rack?

3 posts in this topic

Any good ideas on how to fix a beam that is broke loose from the skull? Last year I got my first mullie and when I went to pick his head off the ground I realized his right side was just held together by cartilidge and skin and I was going to do a european mount and I want it to look nice when it is done

Any help would be much appreciated Thanks

If the skull plate isn't broken, a piece of ready bolt and some bondo should do it. Drill a hole about 2 inches into the antler base and bondo the ready bolt into the antler. Next drill another hole into the skull (makesure the antler will line up correctly on the skull), then bondo the antler into place.

It can be a little tricky to get the antler to line up right so if you aren't sure, take it to a taxidermist most of us will fix it for pretty cheap.

You can use the two part liquid epoxy. Make sure to get one that dries clear and don't use too much.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• This is great... I barely finished my '17 Yetti and now its already outdated.
    •   I'm on my second copy, the binding is not very good and before you know it pages begin to fall out, but as far as explaining technique, meat handling safety, use of curing salts and spices I think the book is a great resource.  I've given several copies to friends.  As far as the recipes, they are somewhat standard, but the same can be said for many other sausage books or online sources. I seem to make personal changes (like increasing garlic and black pepper) to most sausage recipes plus I sample a pattie to access the seasonings and will adjust if needed. I do think the amount of added fat is a little heavy handed for me, I find ground pork butt to perfect for me.  I prefer to make my own seasoning mix, and use very fresh spices... We order 3 times a year from spice companies to keep everything fresh, I only buy spices from the grocery store in an emergency, there is no guarantee of their freshness. 
    •   Auu, great plan. Oh by the way. Those aren't nails sticking through the roof sheeting is it? You may find a Shishkabob bird some morning if they get to running each other around in there!
    •   Auu, since it's not a Faith based discussion it should be pretty easy for you both to use humanist science facts to come to the same conclusion and agreement. Carry on!  
    • If our politicians were serious about reducing the cost of healthcare  they would be addressing the big pharma companies.   Check this out: http://wendellpotter.com/2016/03/the-lobbyist-who-made-you-pay-more-at-the-drugstore/    In my simple view of the world all that would be needed is a law passed saying the pharmaceutical companies could not charge more than 10% for the same drugs as is being charged by the next highest countries cost.  That would save Trillions over a 10 year period ( Caveat, I made that number up, but you get the idea )   
    • It's a break action shotgun with one barrel stacked over the other.   Hope this helps  
    • In this depth range I still use the DT10. Unless the weeds are growing up quite a bit. If they are then I will use the DT6. 
    • the complete ridge line of the roof is a vent.    
  • Our Sponsors