• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fireline Crystal

B_King

Question

Just wondering if its any good? I was at Cabel's in Rogers this past weekend and i bought a shimano sahara and had them put crystal on it but i havent got out to try it yet. I really like the smoky color Fireline but supposedly its not just the color thats different?

11 answers to this question

I started using it this year and I have it on 4 reels. Other than the color, I haven't really noticed a difference between the Crystal and the Smoke that I have been using. I haven't had any issues with it.

Works great for me too. I spooled two reels last year with the Crystal and dind't notice any difference from the Smoke that I had used the 2 years prior. I only had a couple of break-offs and I would guess just about all of the lines would have broken off in those situations.

Alright, hopefully the weather is nice this weekend so i can get out on the lake and try it out! Maybe even catch some fish if im lucky! laugh

i googled it and saw quite a few people on forums that hated it, but quite a few who love it. So it apparently isn't JUST you moviking! smile I suppose it's like anything else- some people hate it, others love it. I guess some things are just junk and all people hate them but i think Crystal is just about personal preferance.