• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

rod blanks

I'm looking to build some rods for personal use, and gifts. There is supposed to be a place in WI where you can buy factory 2nd and slightly defective rod blanks by the bundle. But I can't seem to find the name or location of this place. Does anyone know of this place?

I know there was a place in MN on the St. Croix river that used to do that but their supplier quit selling them the 2nds. It seemed the some folks were buying them and trying to pass them off as firsts and the vendor caught wind of it and figured the would rather burn them rather than have that happen.

But there are few vendors that sell discontinued or 2nds. You could try mudhole.

Happy rod building grin Post some of your stuff. We need some activity in this forum!!

Yes we do! I think its a slow time of the year, everyones got fishing, graduations, yardwork, sports, ect going on. I have a few builds comming up and will be posting some pictures soon...

I have never been disappointed with Cabela's blanks - the plain old plain Jane graphite models are great - cheap and great sensitivity. Had best luck with the 6' jig blanks, and 7' ML action 2 piece spin blanks.