• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mounts back yet?

Hey Greg, hope all is going well in the U.P.

Gus called me last week and said He had my son's 2 lb 1 oz

one done. I have 3 more up there. I told him I could wait until they were all ready. It sounded like he has quite the backlog but because the fishing business is slow he has had more time for the mounts. I've got the pictures on my bulletin board and everytime I see them the "fever" kicks in.

Take care!

Doing good TO, haven't talked to Gus lately I have been mostly fishing the Bay in Ashland. I would recommend sending Gus and email to see where he is at on the mounts. I am sure his lovely wife Nettie will reply asap... How has the fishing been for you? Looks like you got a good one in your Aviator. I am getting ready to book my LOW trip for mid Jan, not sure where I am going yet but I have it narrowed down to a few places. I am also going to Bay De Noc for First Ice, can't wait.

Gus called me today. The 4 me and my son left up there for him to mount are ready. He is going to ship them. I can't wait to see how they turned out.

He must be doing the biggest ones first. gringrin

Just had a nice talk with Gus. He sure is a great guy. When I told we'd be back in '09, he got pretty darn excited. The mounts are just about ready but he said all the smallmouth keep getting in the way (i.e. out of freezer room). I guess a 6# bass takes up a little more room than a 2# perch.

Last year I think Otter came up with the idea so get some FM'ers for a Perch Assault in Late Feb early March of 09. I think it would be a blast, I am sure we can fill up Gus's Hotel really quick.

I'm in!

The 4 we left for Gus to mount came today.

Wow are they beautiful. You will not be disapointed when your's show up. It really got my blood pumping when I opened the box. Seems like it was just yesterday when those pigs were coming up thru the hole.

I will try to get some pics.

You know he sold his baiting supplies. He is strictly running a taxidermy/guide shop. I personally think it was a big mistake because he has to be there anyway to drum up business, but who am I to say.

I promise you he is a straight shooter, he is not going to rip you off, might be a little slow and [PoorWordUsage] you a bit but you will get your mounts. I don't see him alot in the summer but if I run into him I will ask what is going on.

So this winter when I get that 3# perch, he will have to get the lead out of his behind and get them done. I getting the shakes just thinking about them perch. TO, remember what I said when I caught that first one?? winkblush Life was great