Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
cylinder

State Bird

We used to put out a bug zapper at our cabin. We stopped because the zapping gets annoying, plus it usually doesn't take long before it needs to be cleaned to function again. Now we turn on the flood lamp, let em all fly and land on the cabin, and hit em with the Yard guard. We had 3 inches of dead bugs accumulated along the cabin at one point. If you get the right kind it'll stick to the siding and proceed to kill more bugs for some time.

But that was all in vain, you still get eaten alive if your unprotected at the wrong times.

In the town where I live, they are usually terrible during the summer. The city is so proud of them that when they sprayed them one night last summer, they forgot to mix the chemical with the water in the spray tank. I really think they did it because the city is proud of how big they grow here. I have always wondered why they seem to get bigger and healthier after they have been sprayed. Maybe they are using miracle grow in their mixture.

I recognize that webcam !! That east side of Mille grows 'em bigger than owls !! I use to keep my icehouse there and use it as a makeshift cabin in the summer. On some hatch days, the trees would have swarms of them in it, and the whole thing would be buzzing... The walleye's love 'em !