• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

State Bird

cylinder

We used to put out a bug zapper at our cabin. We stopped because the zapping gets annoying, plus it usually doesn't take long before it needs to be cleaned to function again. Now we turn on the flood lamp, let em all fly and land on the cabin, and hit em with the Yard guard. We had 3 inches of dead bugs accumulated along the cabin at one point. If you get the right kind it'll stick to the siding and proceed to kill more bugs for some time.

But that was all in vain, you still get eaten alive if your unprotected at the wrong times.

In the town where I live, they are usually terrible during the summer. The city is so proud of them that when they sprayed them one night last summer, they forgot to mix the chemical with the water in the spray tank. I really think they did it because the city is proud of how big they grow here. I have always wondered why they seem to get bigger and healthier after they have been sprayed. Maybe they are using miracle grow in their mixture.

I recognize that webcam !! That east side of Mille grows 'em bigger than owls !! I use to keep my icehouse there and use it as a makeshift cabin in the summer. On some hatch days, the trees would have swarms of them in it, and the whole thing would be buzzing... The walleye's love 'em !