• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Trail Camera questions???

Hey Hunters/scouters,

I have a couple questions but not to turn this into a which brand is better thing. So here are my thoughts and question and NOT to beat this to death like past postings. I hunt about two places during archery season so I don't need allot of cameras but I don't want to spend $400 bucks either. I have looked at the Moultrie models and the 4.0 megapixel is some what at my top dollar allowance. Is this a good product plus I want to have the IR or no flash option for sure. If I could find an alternative that is cheaper and reliable that would be find but my goal is to at least start with one and if the price is right get two.

Any thoughts on what your experience is and should I not over look the flash only models? I used a Cuddyback last year, there highest model and loved the images and the ease of it so I'm not into the video or other options just date, time, and good price.

My goal is to get a camera soon so I can start my summer patterning of deer for the up coming archery opener.

thanks for any input and suggestions.

Meat-Run

Hey meatrun, I have the exact moultrie cam you mentioned and I got some great pics and last year was the second year using one for me and the first year I had one buck and tons of does right up to the cam and last year I got pics of a about 10 different bucks using my woods which I should mention is about 2 acres tops so yes I was impressed with the camera in one way and in another I hated it Because I believe it conditioned all the deer to my presence and I hunted hard last year and never laid eyes on a buck and barely a doe but never got a shot other than a couple of coons.

If you want me to I can send you a couple of pics from last year just drop me your email here

I just put this in another trail cam thread in the hunting forum.

Your best bet for the latest and greatest news on cameras is to go to the internet and look for [YouNeedAuthorization]. Spelled just that way.

They have reviews on every camera made. Very worth your time if you are investing in cameras.