• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mauer Homers Again!

Juan Grande

It was good to see Joe turn on that inside pitch last night and put it in the upper deck.

I know we've had this discussion before and I don't want to start the contact vs. power debate again, but it was good to see him go out of the strike zone a bit and drive the ball. His HR off Pettitte was the exact same pitch and he had a definite upper cut to his swing.

Joe doesn't need to swing like that all the time, but if he chooses his spots he should be able to hit 20 HRs per season pretty easily.

Yeah -- I heard he told a reporter that he could hit for power, but his BA and SO total would suffer. In fact he said he would wiff 100 + times per year. That would not be good for the Golden Boy.

15hrs 80 rbi and .340 sounds good to me.

better than 25 hrs. 80 rbi .275?

That was quite a shot. Speaking of shots, did any of you guys see the blast that Thome had last night? They said it was 518 feet. It cleared the concourse in center field at the Cell. Joe Borchard had the longest in the park until yesterday at 504. When Thome hits them, they stay hit...just got to get him to hit more (.200 avg)!

Windy

yeah that Twins killer has no power...

I think Joe could hit for power if he wanted. His S.O. quote seems a bit high. At this point I think the average is what we need. Maybe if the leadoff and #2 guys were a little more consistent some more power out of Mauer would be a good thing though.

Plus, the player everybody wanted the Twins to take instead of Mauer was Mark Prior who again is out for the season after arm surgery. Good call by the Twins on that one... Carlos Silva move was also a good call by the Twins to let him go. Lost 6 in a row at Seattle last night.