• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Nice evening

harvey lee

last evening we hit the river for some flathead action. We caught 5 and also missed a few. Seems the flatheads are willing to bite so it looks like its time to really hit the river.

Nothing big as the largest was just under 20#'s.

Yes, the 20#er will be sent to darren tomorrow am. I hope I wuill need to upgrade this fish but it's a start.

My back is slowing me down but it won't totally stop me. There are flatheads to catch.

It sure was buggy!!!!!!

Hmmmmmmm... didn't have that problem in my boat. grin

But then again... the fish weren't biting either. frown

2 words... Thermo Cell! The skeptic in me broke down and bought one and I was I impressed. Darren said he wouldn't have believed it if he didn't see it. Took about 2 minutes after firing it up to clear the cloud of bugs out of the boat.

Quote:
2 words... Thermo Cell! The skeptic in me broke down and bought one and I was I impressed. Darren said he wouldn't have believed it if he didn't see it. Took about 2 minutes after firing it up to clear the cloud of bugs out of the boat.

I was going to make apost and ask about these! I know last year a few people had them with some good reviews. Now a year later I wanted to know how well they worked. I will be off to buy one very soon! Thanks Chris!

I've been using them for some time. They work awesome!

Do your self the favor if you by one. YOu might as well by the restock kit with extra cartriges of fuel and repellent pads. Save you a trip later when you run out. You will go through them.

Last note. You don't need to leave the thermacell running all night. Just when the bugs come out till the sun goes down.

I must say I was skeptical.

I’ve also been in LFC’s boat when he fires his up, but I never could really determine if it helped or not as the bugs weren’t all that bad to begin with.

Well, last night was just like the past few, hop around the landing rushing to get out to get away from the swarming skeeters. Get to the spot, same thing……here we go again.

Normally I would douse myself in Deep Woods Off, and the bugs would stay off of me, yet still be swarming the boat area.

Well, Hanson fired that thing up and 5 minutes later, not a bug to be seen.

I’m a believer.

Yeah, I bought one too after that outing with Chris last Saturday, well Tyler and I hit the Mississippi on tuesday night, and I fired it up, it took a while before we even realized it, but NO BUGS! Made me enough of a believer that I am thinking of getting the lantern style for vacation this weekend.

Well you sold me on it! I have actually not went out fishing sunday because I needed a break from them little buggers. If I had one of them I would be out even more. I will have one for the weekend!

PapaGrump and I got out last night as well. It was slow for us. Only one run, a decent channel. I was cussin half the night that I didnt bring my ThermaCell. I believe I have a few of these left over from the sport shop days. If I find them I will put them in the liquor store for sale. Here is a pic for Grump I believe it is 29" x 16".

320155909.jpg

I may look at one of these soon. However I would miss saying those famous words in the dark on the river to my cofisherman......

"hey Brian, will you get my back"

Brian was nice enough to liberally douse me. I would definately miss spraying others backs and of course having mine sprayed. sick

With this kind of responce about a product, I has to go out and buy one yesterday. Plus I purchased 3 extra refills like LFC said.

I should be set!

Thanks for the good tip.