• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

modifying a transom saver

Dragonsm

I recently "inherited" a brand new transom saver that I'd like to use on my boat, however the end that attaches to the trailer was for a trailer with the roller on the end and my trailer doesn't have that option. (and the other mount with the "pita" pin attachment wasn't included. Anyone have any ideas or have modified one of these in the past to mount in such a manor that is a quick on and off? (I'd rather not have to run out and buy the $50.00 one at Cabelas if I don't have to.

Thanks,

Steve

Can the part that used to sit on the roller come off?? Like side out from the top part?? If so there is a attachment that you can get that you have to instal on your boat trailer and the Transom saver will attach there. But if that is the case it would be a Waste of your time trying to and modify it, just buy a new one and be done with it!!! $50 is nothing when you look at how much it would cost to fix the seals in a motor.

I agree with these guys. I've seen them for $35 at fleet. For $50 or less you can't go wrong just getting the right one. I'm all for saving money, but I don't like to modify something as important as a transom saver.

I can't think of a good way to modify it to make it work on a boat w/o a center rear roller - short of putting a rear roller on the trailer I think you're going to have to bite the bullet and get a new one.

marine_man