• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anybody Drawing Tags

About 6 more days for Elk and Deer draw results to be posted, but so far I have drawn Pronghorn (Took me 7 points to draw, and I live in Colorado!) and Bear tags. Did not draw Sheep, again, got my check back in the mail about a week ago.

Jeff

Here's my final tally for tags

Drew Archery Deer Unit 96

Drew Rifle Pronghorn Unit 87

Drew Sept Season Bear Unit 29 (Also good for 3 other Units)

Drew Point for Elk - Will buy OTC Archery Tag

Blanked on Sheep and Goat - Still accumulating Points.

Hope everyone is faring well with draws.

Don't forget to check on leftover tags when they become avalible.

Good luck everyone.

Jeff

Looks like I get to go Muley hunting this fall, 2 other guys drew tags too. We will have Elk tags too both bulls and cows.

Where do you plan on hunting Sheep? We were hunting near Rand a number of years ago, I saw some Sheep up on the mtn. side, looks like a interesting hunt.

Mike

Cooter,

There are some very nice bulls that come out of 161, I think I saw your bull on a previous post, very nice, so far my best is a 5x5 and I have watched much bigger from afar but there wasn't enough light left in the day to chase them down, someday I'll get me one for the wall.

The Mulie tag kind of dictates when I go west Elk hunting these days, if I draw one I'm going and I'll get a Elk tag too, if I don't draw, I stay home. My Dad and Brother both put Mulies in the record book last year, one tipped 192 and the other tipped 193 for B&C, this year it's my turn! I hope...

I'd like to go out in September one year, that would be fun but I've been saying that for the past 20 years and it hasn't happend yet but I feel it getting closer.

Mike

The bull I got was pure luck - only elk I saw and we never heard a bugle. Got lucky and spotted him out feeding and made a good stalk and shot.

I hunted mulies in 28 last year and we saw some nice ones, nothing like the 190's your dad and bro got though. Time to figure out what to do with pref points, I have 4 for elk and 1 for deer and will not do any CO hunting this fall. My buddies from CO are hunting 70 this fall to test the waters, might be out in that unit in the near future. Later.

So how long have you guys been applying for your sheep and goat tags? I got my third point for both goats and sheep this year so I am eligeble to be in the draw next year even though it will still probably be years before I see any results, but since I am only 22 time is on my side.

I got my 3rd deer point this year as well and I think I'm going to shoot for a 54 1st rifle season tag next year. Anyone know how bad the winter kill was in the gunnison basin region?

Got points for 13 tags in 5 different states this year, and zero tags to show. Thinking about buying a leftover tag in wyoming though.

Without the headache of looking through the DOWs HSOforum, does anyone know if CO has a limit on how many species you can apply for pref points for....for some reason I think there is.

From what I have heard, winter kill in the Gunnison area seems to have been kept to a mim. this year. Massive supplimentle feeding programs throughout the region went very well over the winter. Pre-hunt numbers appear to be in good shape.

Jeff

Cooter

You can apply for every species if you want. You can only generate a preferance point for each species applied for each year. Only one application per species is accepted. Hope that helps.

Jeff