• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lets See Your Yards

Moose

Hey all,

Let's see some pictures of your yards. Here is mine

The boys 14 and 10 just finished cutting the grass. Parenting is great!!!

2552619360_68b90141e7_o.jpg

One more

2552612652_278e49fe9c_o.jpg

I know it's been cold.... but do you REALLY have to show us pictures of blizzards???

When I finally buy my own house, the neighbors will hate me. My front yard will be restored short grass prairie with a creeping bent grass putting green right in the middle of it. The putting green will be raised up a bit with stone retaining wall.

Have your laugh and I'll post pics when I actually do it.

Ahh summer. Gotta love the grass and the informal neighborhood lawn competitions.

Here's our lawn back from 2005. I'm amazed at how much that autumn blaze maple has grown in three years time. Please excuse the image resolution, it was taken with our video camera.

house05mm0.jpg

house05mm0.6b149c1312.jpg

solbes - I have a maple about that size that was planted this spring. Do you have a picture of yours now you could post so I can get an idea of what it looks like in 3 yrs?

I don't currently have any recent pics to post. The tree was in the ground for a year and half at that point. Not a whole lot of growth the first two years. Good growth the third year and great growth (2.5 - 3 feet?) last year as the roots were firmly established.

If I get some time I'll take a new shot of the yard and post it.

jwhjr,

You asked for a recent picture of the autumn blaze maple. Here's a picture I took tonight after mowing. A little hard to see in the pictures, but it has grown 5-6 feet in 3 years.

june08113kj1.jpg

Mine looks pretty close to all of yours execept were my bird dog does her thing!!!

I may not have the best yard in our circle, but when fall comes around & all the neighbors are start'n to complain about the the cold....

Me and my spot master are out enjoying the great outdoors.

And to me, I can live with that smile

Nice turf guys. Keep em coming. It's been a good year I live in the Sandplane and havn't turned on my Irrigation yet this year. Just a little Fertilizer and it perked right up.